Re: wCTE behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: wCTE behaviour
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2010-12-23 6:55 PM +0200, David Fetter wrote:
> Here's a document-included version :)

And here's the latest version of the patch for the last commit fest for 9.1.

I fixed an issue with the portal logic, and now we use
PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING for wCTE queries, even if the main query is not a
DML or does not have RETURNING.  This also means that we materialize the
results of the main query sometimes unnecessarily, but that doesn't look
like an easy thing to fix.  PORTAL_ONE_RETURNING as a name is also a bit
misleading now, so maybe that needs changing..

Any feedback welcome.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Attachment