Re: auto-sizing wal_buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: auto-sizing wal_buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Would anyone like to argue vigorously for or against the above
> proposal?
Greg's numbers look reasonable to me, and there's nobody I'd trust
more to come up with reasonable numbers for this.  One less tunable
is a good thing, especially since this designed to scale from
someone slapping it on his laptop for a first quick try, all the way
up to industrial strength production environments.  I guess a manual
override doesn't bother me too much, but I am a bit dubious of its
value, and there is value in keeping the GUC count down....
-Kevin