Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Urbański
Subject Re: pl/python custom exceptions for SPI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/01/11 01:27, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 10.1.2011 17:20, Jan Urbański wrote:
>>> I changed that patch to use Perl instead of sed to generate the
>>> exceptions, which should be a more portable.
>
>> Why not python ?
>
> Because we're not adding even more different tool requirements to the
> build process.  Perl is what we've chosen to depend on, and there is no
> reason to use a different tool here.

Yep, exactly.

While looking at it again I fixed a problem with spiexceptions.h not
being distributed (and IIRC we don't require Perl for tarball builds)
and added generating it to the MSVC build system.

Updated patch attached.

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment