Re: What is considered a "slow processes" - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: What is considered a "slow processes"
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 06/01/2011 17:53, Benjamin Krajmalnik a écrit :
> While playing around with pgadmin to see the state of running queries, I
> noticed that all of the queries are falling under the category of "slow
> processes" or "idle process".  Some of the process whose query is
> showing as idle are tagged as idle processes, while some are tagged as
> slow processes.

There is actually more possibilities:
* idle process: for each process that don't currently run a query and  aren't in a transaction block* blocked process:
foreach process waiting on a lock* active process: for each process executing a query since less than  10 seconds* slow
process:for each process executing a query since at least  10 seconds

> Could this be an "artifact" of using a connection pooler, since the
> client start times are sometimes a few minutes old?  What is the
> criteria for determining if a process is "slow"?

We use query_start to check if a query is slow, so I don't think it has
anything to do with a connection pooler.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com