how can i show constraint checks in explain ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vanasco
Subject how can i show constraint checks in explain ?
Date
List pgsql-general
I've got a DELETE query that takes ~2 seconds to process

The reasoning is simple -- its doing referential checks, to make sure
that I'm not deleting  a valid fkey , as several tables fkey on that
one.

The issue i'm running into is obvious: this should not take 2
seconds.  anything that fkeys should have that column as an index
already.  very likely, one doesn't because  I messed up when I
created the dable.

However-- explain doesn't pull in the planner's scanning info in
regards to the fkey constraints.  is there any function or argument
that will ?

i'd like to know which tables are getting what must be a sequential
scan and not an index scan, so I can reindex properly.