Invalid byte sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject Invalid byte sequence
Date
List pgsql-general
I am getting the following error when trying to migrate a db from
8.4.0/FreeBSD 7.1 to 9.0.1/FreeBSD 8.1, both are VMware virtual machines
with FreeBSD amd64...

> data1# psql -U pgsql template1 < /data/maia.sql
> <snip>
> template1 < /data/incoming.sql
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe93532
> CONTEXT:  COPY awl, line 7884

I checked the build options for both pgsql port installations and found
only difference being WITH_INTDATE=true in the destination server. I
checked the line in the source file created by pg_restore and see no
date involved in the record...

> data1# head -7884 /data/incoming.sql | tail -1
> vscan   gevalia@prolongedinspire.com    216.188 2       25.838000000000001

pg_restore -l on the source file dump file...

; Archive created at Thu Dec  9 03:03:27 2010
;     dbname: maia
;     TOC Entries: 161
;     Compression: -1
;     Dump Version: 1.11-0
;     Format: CUSTOM
;     Integer: 4 bytes
;     Offset: 8 bytes
;     Dumped from database version: 8.4.0
;     Dumped by pg_dump version: 8.4.0

Is it the WITH_INTDATE option and I should rebuild or something else
causing this error?

--Robert