Re: PG84 and SELinux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: PG84 and SELinux
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
I wrote too soon.  What I did was uncomment the ssl option.  I
neglected to change the setting from off to on.

When I try to start the server with ssl=on it fails with this error:

Auto configuration failed
29006:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207
AFAIK there is no place in the standard Postgres sources that could emit
an error message even vaguely like that.

That looks to be the str_copy routine from conf_def.c in the OpenSSL code, i.e. line 624 of the version at:

http://code.google.com/p/commitmonitor/source/browse/trunk/common/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_def.c

So guessing something in the SSL autonegotiation is failing here in a really unexpected way.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us