Re: Problems with max_connections parameter - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Problems with max_connections parameter
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> wrote:

> Talking about your problem, are you sure you're not reaching
> max_connections?

It also strikes me that from the minimal information given, it might
be possible that pid numbers or port numbers are wrapping around
before the OS is ready to allow re-use.  I haven't seen that
behavior except in machines infected with a worm, but this test
might be edging into the same territory if it's using a new
connection for each request.  Obviously, nobody who cared about
performance would use that technique in production, but it rather
sounds like this test does.

-Kevin