Re: Hi- How frequently Postgres Poll for trigger file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Hi- How frequently Postgres Poll for trigger file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01.12.2010 19:23, aaliya zarrin wrote:
> Thanks for quick response..
> Can I change this 5 second time?
> I have seen the postgres code as well.

You can, if you don't mind changing the sources.

> What is the functionality of WaitLatch() function. I could not understand
> completely.

The recoveryWakupLatch latch allows the startup process to wake up
immediately when new WAL arrives via streaming replication, without
waiting for the whole five seconds to elapse.