Re: How to find correct locale name for CREATE DATABASE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How to find correct locale name for CREATE DATABASE
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/12/2010 08:26, Andrus wrote:
> Thom,
>
>> You can list available locales on your system with: locale -a
>
> Thank you.
>
> How to resolve this issue if only 5432 port is open in server ?
> Based on my limited knowledge, postgres does not have command to run
> "locale -a"
> How to get list of available locale names from Postgres ?

This is a *nix command, not a PostgreSQL one, so just enter it at the
Linux shell prompt.

> Why Postgres does not have command which returns available locale names ?

"show server_encoding;" will tell you the encoding of the database to
which you're currently connected. I'm not sure how you find out what's
available, but the docs may help:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/charset.html

> How to use same locale names in every platform?

See the docs above.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland