Re: "could not accept SSPI security context" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: "could not accept SSPI security context"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:43:14 +0100, Magnus Hagander
<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Hmm. That's a simple SEC_E_LOGON_DENIED. Simply meaning
> usedname/password is incorrect. The security eventlog on the server
> (or domain controller) might have more information around it. If not,
> I'm not sure what's wrong there - if it happens only in npgsql it must
> be related to that. Or perhaps - based on your reproduction - the .net
> app is running with a different user than you think?

If you've got access to the sources of your client app that uses Npgsql
you might want to put :

             NpgsqlEventLog.Level = LogLevel.Debug;
             NpgsqlEventLog.LogName = @"C:\somePath\NpgsqlEventLog.txt";

in the code before the first call of NpgsqlConnection.Open() to find out
details about the user name that's actually connecting.

Just look for

Entering PGUtil.WriteString()
String written: user.
Entering PGUtil.WriteString()
String written: YOURCONNECTINGUSERNAME.

after

Entering NpgsqlStartupPacket.NpgsqlStartupPacket()
Entering NpgsqlStartupPacket.WriteToStream()
Entering NpgsqlStartupPacket.WriteToStream_Ver_3()

Regards,

Brar