Re: Postgres forums ... take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Cook
Subject Re: Postgres forums ... take 2
Date
Re: Postgres forums ... take 2  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/16/2010 10:51 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> What I'm more interested in is still a word from the people who would
> actually *use* a forum on how this would be better than sites like
> Nabble and Gmane.

I'm one of those. I'm subscribed to these mailing lists simply because
it is the only way I know of to get the messages in a timely fashion,
but I would greatly prefer a forum-style interface.

I had never heard of Nabble or Gmane until now, but I just checked them
out and from my quick look it *looks* like a web interface for people
who prefer mailing lists.

I like having a category breakdown (at the moment I have my email client
splitting the various lists into folders), and I like having little
icons telling me which ones I already read and which are new (my email
client has that also of course).

So basically, the email lists are usable, but if this forum works out
I'll dump my email subscription in a second and use that. I don't think
either is inherently better than the other, it's just personal preference.