Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/14/2010 03:13 AM, Thom Brown wrote:

> It's a shame that a forum can't act as a front-end for a mailing list,
> so signing up to the forum actually signs you up to a mailing list (if
> you're not already signed up), but without receiving any emails.
>   Messages posted to the forum would get sent to the list, and vice
> versa.  And such a system would need to support cross-posting too somehow.

It can. The glassfish forums are bidirectionally gatewayed to the
mailing list in just such a manner, and it works astonishingly well.
Before using those I would've been opposed to the idea, but now ... it
doesn't seem so bad.

--
Craig Ringer