ignore errors for COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vangelis Katsikaros
Subject ignore errors for COPY
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

I have postrges 8.3.12 and I have the following issue:

I have a table
create table test(
      table_id integer,
      datetime timestamp,
      MMSI integer,
      lat real,
      lng real,
);

and I bulk insert data to this table with COPY.

A tiny portion of the data in the file are wrong. For example one date
is "2009-93-29 05:27:08" which obviously has a wrong month (93). COPY
encounters this row and stop the insertion with
ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "2009-93-29 05:27:08"

Is there a way I can "turn" this error into a warning (or suppress the
error) and make COPY simply to skip this row?

I have a big amount of data (~100G) so iterating through them to find
all the possible wrong timestamp, reals, and integers will be quite
tedious and time consuming.

Regards
Vangelis