Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> The serious problems with this appear to be (a) that Linux/Ext4 PG
> performance still hasn't fully recovered, and, (b) that RHEL6 is set to
> ship with kernel 2.6.32, which means that we'll have a whole generation
> of RHEL which is off-limits to PostgreSQL.

Oh.  Found some other information on the issue.  Looks like the problem
is fixed in later kernels.  So the only real issue is: is RHEL6 shipping
with 2.6.32?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.