Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?
Date
Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: Major Linux performance regression; shouldn't we be worried about RHEL6?  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-performance
All,

Domas (of Facebook/Wikipedia, MySQL geek) pointed me to this report:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_perf_regressions&num=1
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ext4_then_now&num=6

The serious problems with this appear to be (a) that Linux/Ext4 PG
performance still hasn't fully recovered, and, (b) that RHEL6 is set to
ship with kernel 2.6.32, which means that we'll have a whole generation
of RHEL which is off-limits to PostgreSQL.

Tom, any word from your coworkers on this?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.