Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Here's a proposed patch, sans documentation as yet.

I see you took the surgical approach -- only a cast from a record to
a character string type is affected.  I agree that will fix the
complaints I've seen, and I imagine you're keeping the change narrow
to minimize the risk of breaking existing code, but this still looks
weird to me:

test=# select ('2010-11-05'::date).text;
    text
 2010-11-05
(1 row)

Oh, well -- I guess you have to go well out of your way to shoot
your foot with such cases, so that's probably for the best.

-Kevin