Re: pgAdmin 3 index display problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pgAdmin 3 index display problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 01/11/2010 06:41, Eduardas Tcpa a écrit :

>> Hello I'm getting into strange problem with pgAdmin 3.
>> As we all know, PostgreSQL enforces index creation on primary key's.
>> The problem with this is the fact, that when i create a table in pgAdmin's
>> sql editor, in result window i'm getting success and a note that an index
>> will be created on tables pripamary key - problem, when I am browsing
>> through table structure in my public schema, under newly created  table in
>> index section there are no indexes until I create one explicitly.So does it
>> create an index?and it's pgAdmin's bug not displaying the auto created
>> index, or it works in such way - not displaying the auto index?
>>
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.1

pgAdmin displays the primary key in the Constraints node. There is no
reason to display the index in the Indexes node as you won't be able to
change/remove the index.

The same applies to unique keys.

BTW, I see more and more questions here about pgAdmin. You should
probably ask them on pgadmin-support
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/).

--
Guillaume