Re: JDBC4 with SQLXML and postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: JDBC4 with SQLXML and postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar
Date
Re: JDBC4 with SQLXML and postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On 23/10/2010 11:53 AM, Michael musset wrote:
> So, what I have to do ?
>
> i've tried to convert my xml into String but it still doesn't work :
>
> ret.updateString("DATA", myXmlString);
>

> the error appear when i did a updaterow in my resultset
>

> the error is:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "DATA" is of type xml
> but expression is of type character varying
>    Hint: You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

It's one of those irritating areas where PostgreSQL's overzealous
refusal to cast ::text or ::varchar for interpretation as literals of
another type bites you.

You need to use updateObject("DATA", java.sql.Types.SQLXML) so the JDBC
driver knows what type to specify.

--
Craig Ringer