Re: installing from source in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: installing from source in Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/18/2010 11:28 AM, Turner, John J wrote:

> .. I thought it was worth a shot to try building from source with
> MinGW/MSYS to get the pgxs files... but apparently not -- especially
> since I'm on Windows XP 32-bit platform (hence the issue with 64-bit
> datatypes bombing out during make, I presume)

No. 64-bit integers should work fine on a 32-bit platform and a 32-bit
compiler.

Please post the "config.log" file generated by configure somewhere, so
it can be examined. If you like, compress it and email it to me
directly, not to the list, and I'll see if I can tell what's going on,
though I don't use mingw and msys much.

In any case, if it's structured appropriately (I haven't checked) you
should also be able to build the temporal package as a contrib module,
by putting it in the postgresql source tree's contrib/ directory and
compiling PostgreSQL with msvc. It was trivial for me to add a custom
extension I was writing using that method.

--
Craig Ringer