Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Date
Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
List pgsql-jdbc
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Please find enclosed a WIP patch from one of my co-workers
> intended to support JDBC's setQueryTimeout, along with the patch
> for JDBC that uses it.

I agree that it would be very nice to support this JDBC feature, but
I'm not clear on why this can't be done with just JDBC changes using
the java.util.Timer class and the existing Statement.cancel()
method.  Can you explain why the backend needed to be touched?

-Kevin