concurrent delete in postgers/error pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dinesh Bhandary
Subject concurrent delete in postgers/error pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-admin
  HI All,

I feel like I am in a very weird situation. I took a postgres dump
because db was bloated and in the process of restoring it and running
into several issues.
I run postgres 8.4.1 on red hat.

Here is what id did.

1) pg_dump
2) drop db
3) pg_restore on the same cluster ( where there are more than one
instance of databases running) where it creates a db.

restore is complaining about a single table which happens to be large  (
aboutt 30 million rows). Restore process can't seem to add foreign key
constraints and fails with the following error:
could not access status of transaction ... . pg_clog file does not
exist. Why does it care about pg_clog file when it is just a restore
from a good dump.

When I tried to add a constraint separately, it says - "concurrent
delete in progress".

I am at loss on why I keep on getting these weird error messages. It is
supposed to be simple dump/restore process.

Any ideas??

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Dinesh