Re: selecting using array as IN condition parameter - possible? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John Lister
Subject Re: selecting using array as IN condition parameter - possible?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, after some more searching on the net I came across references to PGobject and got this working using standard JDBC calls which is a good start, I don't suppose any one has any hints about using this in JPA queries under eclipselink? I've created a converter for the single case, but i get errors when I try and use an array.

If I try and receive an array I get a not implemented error on getArrayImpl due to the use of a Map. Conversely if I construct an array of my PGobjects subclasses and try to pass that as a parameter to a query I get an exception that setObject can't infer the sql type needed and to provide an explicit one. I was hoping that as PGobject has a getType method that it would be used?

Is it possible to specify the type when passing an array using JPA?

Thanks

John