Re: Slow response in select - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Slow response in select
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 09/21/2010 08:25 PM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks,I have a view that seems to be very slow compared to similar views on
> the same server.
>
> I've had a look at running explain but I don't really understand it.
>
> I've posted the view and the output from explain at
>
> http://www1.ringways.co.uk/explain.txt

Woah. That's an interesting plan.

When concerned about execution time, it's probably best to post EXPLAIN
ANALYZE rather than plain EXPLAIN results. EXPLAIN ANALYZE provides more
timing information and information about how rowcount estimates differed
from reality.

--
Craig Ringer