Re: Pgadmin git version crash with "alt+f4" - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Pgadmin git version crash with "alt+f4"
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 21/09/2010 13:53, Philippe Rimbault a écrit :
> I'have just compiled pgadmin with debug option.
> Version of wxwidgets is 2.8.10.

I installed Ubuntu's wxWidgets packages. Still don't get a crash.

> Here you will find everthing i've done ton compile and exectue
> (/home/pri/bin/pgadmin3 is a link to /opt/pgadmin/bin/pgadmin3).
> If you need other "traces", i'm OK.
> (Thank for your work on pgadmin and the french translation of the
> postgresql doc)
>

>    pri@rimbault:~/pgadmin3$ git pull
>    Already up-to-date.
>    pri@rimbault:~/pgadmin3$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/pgadmin
>    --enable-debug
>    [...]
>    PostgreSQL directory:                   /usr/local/pgsql
>    PostgreSQL pg_config binary:            /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
>    PostgreSQL version:                     PostgreSQL 9.0.0
>
>    PostgreSQL PQconninfoParse support:     Present
>    PostgreSQL SSL support:                 Missing
>
>    wxWidgets directory:                    /usr
>    wxWidgets wx-config binary:             /usr/bin/wx-config
>    wxWidgets version:                      wxWidgets 2.8.10
>
>    libxml2 directory:                      /usr
>    libxml2 xml2-config binary:             /usr/bin/xml2-config
>    libxml2 version:                        libxml2 2.7.7
>
>    libxslt directory:                      /usr
>    libxslt xslt-config binary:             /usr/bin/xslt-config
>    libxslt version:                        libxslt 1.1.26
>
>    Building a debug version of pgAdmin:    Yes
>    Statically linking pgAdmin:             No
>    Building a Mac OS X appbundle:          No
>
>    pgAdmin configuration is now complete. You can now compile and
>    install pgAdmin using 'make; make install'.

I don't have exactly the same thing but I don't think it really matters.
I built against 9.1devel, with SSL support, and use libxml2 2.7.6.
wxWidgets 2.8.11 could be the reason why I don't get a crash, but if I
use 2.8.10, pgAdmin still doesn't crash.

>    pri@rimbault:~/pgadmin3$ make && sudo make install
>
>    pri@rimbault:~/pgadmin3$ gdb pgadmin3
>    GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
>    Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
>    <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
>    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
>    copying"
>    and "show warranty" for details.
>    This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".
>    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
>    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
>    Reading symbols from /home/pri/bin/pgadmin3...(no debugging symbols
>    found)...done.
>    (gdb) run
>    Starting program: /home/pri/bin/pgadmin3
>    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
>
>    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>    0x08465a10 in gqbView::updateModelSize(gqbQueryObject*, bool) ()
>    (gdb)

You have a different crash than Vladimir. Can you do a "bt" on the gdb
console just after the crash and send the result here? could give us
more infos.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com