Re: Reduced power consumption in autovacuum launcher process - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Pflug
Subject Re: Reduced power consumption in autovacuum launcher process
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul18, 2011, at 15:12 , Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> struct timeval is comprised of two longs - one representing seconds,
> and the other represented the balance of microseconds. Previously, we
> didn't combine them into a single microsecond representation. Now, we
> do.

I haven't actually looked at the code, so maybe I'm missing something
obvious - but why don't we use a double precision float (double) instead
of a long for the combined representation?

best regards,
Florian Pflug