Re: JDBC: "transaction aborted" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: JDBC: "transaction aborted"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 01/09/10 15:40, Fabien JALABERT wrote:
> Hello, if I turn on autocommit, will I be able to process transactions
> with begin/commit/rollback as before ?

If you mean issuing explicit "BEGIN", "COMMIT" and "ROLLBACK" statements
as SQL text through the JDBC driver ... honestly, I'm not sure. It's not
really how the JDBC interface is intended to work.

Typically when using JDBC you would let the driver take care of this.
You call

  conn.setAutoCommit(false);

... to open a transaction. Any work between then and a subsequent:

  conn.commit()

or

  conn.rollback()

is done in the transaction.