Re: replication solution - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: replication solution
Date
List pgsql-admin
Silvio Brandani <silvio.brandani@tech.sdb.it> wrote:

> we already have the Point In Time Recovery but we need a solution
> where the standby is  always open in  readonly  , but the data is
> replicated continuosly from primary.

What's your time frame?  The Hot Standby and Streaming Replication
features in PostgreSQL 9.0 will do exactly that.  9.0 is currently
in beta testing and expected to be released next month.  These new
features are based on PITR techniques, but SR allows the WAL data
to flow across a connection in near real-time, and HS allows the
standby to be used for read-only queries.

-Kevin