Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Advice configuring ServeRAID 8k for performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Andres Freund wrote:
> A new checkpointing logic + a new syncing logic
> (prepare_fsync() earlier and then fsync() later) would be a nice
> thing. Do you plan to work on that?

The background writer already caches fsync calls into a queue, so the
prepare step you're thinking needs to be there is already.  The problem
is that the actual fsync calls happen in a tight loop.  That we're busy
fixing.