Re: BUG #5590: undefined shift behavior - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Regehr
Subject Re: BUG #5590: undefined shift behavior
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

One of my students has hacked Clang to detect integer undefined
behaviors in C, like this shift problem or signed overflows.  This was
the only problem that came up during a "make check" of a postgresql with
this checking turned on, which is pretty cool.

I'd expect to be able to find more problems if I could get hold of a
good fuzz tester for postgresql, or at least some much larger test
inputs. Are there any of these you folks would suggest that I use?

Thanks,

John