Re: PostgreSQL keepalives help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: PostgreSQL keepalives help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29/07/10 21:16, Kananda wrote:
> I need the records are free for edit, in few minutes. Therefore I set
> the KEEPALIVE configuration in my "postgresql.conf":

> tcp_keepalives_idle = 60 # TCP_KEEPIDLE, in seconds;
> tcp_keepalives_interval = 60 # TCP_KEEPINTVL, in seconds;
> tcp_keepalives_count TCP_KEEPCNT = 5 #;

If this is actually what you have in your file, you have an error in
your count setting.

Try "show tcp_keepalives_count;" and so on - just check they're set as
you expect them to be. If they have the right values, put wireshark or
some other network monitor onto the connection and see if any packets
are being sent back and fore while there is no real traffic.

Oh, and please don't cross-post to multiple lists (particular
-cluster-hackers - can't see the relevance of that).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd