Re: Problem with pg_try_advisory_lock and two connections (seemingly) getting the same lock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Problem with pg_try_advisory_lock and two connections (seemingly) getting the same lock
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24/07/10 00:00, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> I generally agree with your statements, but there is one correction to
> make: advisory locks are not released at end of transaction.

Argh. Good point. Every other kind of lock is, but advisory locks are
only released when the connection is closed or the lock is explicitly
released.

Thanks for the correction.

--
Craig Ringer