\COPY ... CSV with hex escapes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes
Date
Re: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
List pgsql-general
Hi folks

I have an odd csv input format to deal with. I'm about to put some
Python together to reprocess it, but I thought I'd check in and see if
I'm missing something obvious in \copy's capabilities.

The input is fairly conventional comma-delimeted text with quoted
fields, as output by Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5's isql 'OUTPUT TO' filter.
Yes, that's ancient. It is handled quite happily by \copy in csv mode,
except that when csv mode is active, \xnn escapes do not seem to be
processed. So I can have *either* \xnn escape processing *or* csv-style
input processing.

Anyone know of a way to get escape processing in csv mode?

--
Craig Ringer