Re: ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS requires AccessExclusiveLock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS requires AccessExclusiveLock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/7/10 6:04 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> I just faced production issue where it is impossible to alter table to
> adjust autovacuum settings in a pg8.4. (5K tps, 260M rows table, lock
> too much)

We could try to resolve the COMMENT ON issue with the same mechanism.
What we need is a table lock which blocks other DDL statements, but not DML.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com