role support - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Benedek László
Subject role support
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello hackers,

I createad a patch to add support for roles in saved server configurations.
After a db connection it will issue a SET Role=<rolename> when a rolename is specified for the connected server.

This allows using pgAdmin's gui to create/alter/delete objects in accordance with a security policy that forbids
loggingin directly
as superuser, but instead specifies that you should log into an admin account and then SET Role to the superuser.

I also found something which seems to me a small escaping bug, a patch included for this issue also.

Please review them for a possible upstream inclusion.

Thank you:

Benedek Laszlo

Attachment