Re: SeqScans on boolen values / How to speed this up? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: SeqScans on boolen values / How to speed this up?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 05/07/10 19:36, Jens Hoffrichter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We've recently finished developing a bigger webapplication, and we are
> about to put it online.
>
> I ran some load tests yesterday, and configured 'slow query' logging
> beforehand, so I could see if there might be a performance bottleneck
> in the PG. While I discovered no real problems, the log file analysis
> using pgFouine revealed two queries, which are executed often, and
> take quite a bit some time.

It might be worth looking at what queries have results that change
infrequently or don't have to be up to the minute accurate, so they're
candidates for caching. Memcached is an incredibly handy tool for taking
load off your database.

--
Craig Ringer