Re: consequent PQsendQueryPrepared() failed: another command is already in progress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: consequent PQsendQueryPrepared() failed: another command is already in progress
Date
List pgsql-general
Anton Maksimenkov wrote:
> I'm using libpq C Library. I prepared some query and trying to call it
> many times.
> But it success only at first time, and then fail with error:
>
> ... "another command is already in progress"

You are using the asynchronous queries while the testbed example program
does not have a structure where an asynchronous loop is useful, and
while doing that made an error probably with the consumeinput/isbusy
duo. The problem will probably be gone when you switch to the
synchronous libpq functions (for execute a prepared command)

If you really want the asynchronous api, I found the PQtrace facility
very useful, to debug what's actually going on (or not).

regards,
Yeb Havinga