Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2010/06/15 9:22), Robert Haas wrote:
> 2010/6/14 KaiGai Kohei<kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>> On the hook, I'd like to obtain security context of the client process
>> which connected to the PostgreSQL instance. It is not available at the
>> _PG_init() phase, because clients don't connect yet.
>
> Can't you just call getpeercon() the first time you need the context
> and cache it in a backend-local variable?  Then you don't need a hook
> at all.

I've tried to implement my earlier version in this idea.
As long as getpeercon() performs correctly, it will work well.
But, if it returns an error due to the system configuration,
the security module cannot continue to make access control
decision anymore, although client can open the connection already.

I think this kind of initialization should be also done at
the initialization of backend, then it disconnect immediately
if something troubled.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>