Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Date
Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
(2010/06/14 21:15), Robert Haas wrote:
> 2010/6/14 KaiGai Kohei<kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>:
>> (2010/06/14 20:01), Stephen Frost wrote:

>>> Aren't modules given a __PG_Init or something similar that they can
>>> define which will be called when the module is loaded..?
>>>
>> I assume the security module shall be loaded within 'shared_preload_libraries',
>> because we can overwrite 'local_preload_libraries' (PGC_BACKEND) setting using
>> connection string, so it allows users to bypass security features, doesn't it?
>
> Yeah, but so what?  Stephen's point is still valid.

On the hook, I'd like to obtain security context of the client process
which connected to the PostgreSQL instance. It is not available at the
_PG_init() phase, because clients don't connect yet.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>