Re: Allow wal_keep_segments to keep all segments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Allow wal_keep_segments to keep all segments
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> We leave that up to the DBA to clean out one way or another. We
> provide restartpoint_command and the %r option in restore_command to
> help with that.

I was in fact just looking into this, and I see that there is no example
restartpoint_comand script given in the docs, nor in the wiki.

A sample of such a command would be useful. This is all going to feel a
bit strange to lots of users, and the more we can hold their hands the
better off we and they will be.

cheers

andrew