Re: Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear
Date
In response to Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear  (Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>)
List pgadmin-support
Le 28/05/2010 13:07, Peter Geoghegan a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm seeing what appears to be a bug on 1.10.3 (standard windows
> package), on my windows XP SP3 machine. None of this behaviour can be
> reproduced with 1.10.2. We're using the EDB windows binaries of
> postgres, version 8.4.3.
>
> The second and subsequent times I apply changes to a function, I
> invariably see a messagebox that says:
>
> ---------------------------
> Overwrite changes?
> ---------------------------
> The object has been changed by another user. Do you wish to continue
> to to try to update it?
> ---------------------------
> Yes   No
> ---------------------------
>
> In addition, if I refresh any individual function (of which there are
> hundreds) within the object browser, it disappears. I can subsequently
> refresh all functions, and my missing functions re-appear. I guess
> PgAdmin stores the oid of functions internally, and cannot find
> objects of that oid or somesuch when individual functions are
> refreshed. I've been meaning to hack the pgadmin source code for some
> time now, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> I hesitate to produce a test case (which I guess would take the form
> of a schema only dump), because this database is, I'm afraid,
> commercially sensitive.
>
> Are you aware of this problem? I only took a cursory glance at the
> recent mailing list archives.

We now are. It reproduce this on functions. I won't be surprise we have
the same issue with triggers and views (they are the only objects that
really implement the IsUpToDate() method).

I added a ticket to remind me to work on this
(http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/198).

Thanks for your report, and sorry for the late answer.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com