Re: Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear
Date
In response to Re: Apparent bug in 1.10.3 - refreshing functions within the object browser causes them to disappear  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgadmin-support
Le 31/05/2010 20:40, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 28/05/2010 13:07, Peter Geoghegan a écrit :
>> [...]
>> I'm seeing what appears to be a bug on 1.10.3 (standard windows
>> package), on my windows XP SP3 machine. None of this behaviour can be
>> reproduced with 1.10.2. We're using the EDB windows binaries of
>> postgres, version 8.4.3.
>>
>> The second and subsequent times I apply changes to a function, I
>> invariably see a messagebox that says:
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Overwrite changes?
>> ---------------------------
>> The object has been changed by another user. Do you wish to continue
>> to to try to update it?
>> ---------------------------
>> Yes   No
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> In addition, if I refresh any individual function (of which there are
>> hundreds) within the object browser, it disappears. I can subsequently
>> refresh all functions, and my missing functions re-appear. I guess
>> PgAdmin stores the oid of functions internally, and cannot find
>> objects of that oid or somesuch when individual functions are
>> refreshed. I've been meaning to hack the pgadmin source code for some
>> time now, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
>> I hesitate to produce a test case (which I guess would take the form
>> of a schema only dump), because this database is, I'm afraid,
>> commercially sensitive.
>>
>> Are you aware of this problem? I only took a cursory glance at the
>> recent mailing list archives.
>>

> We now are. It reproduce this on functions. I won't be surprise we have
> the same issue with triggers and views (they are the only objects that
> really implement the IsUpToDate() method).
>
> I added a ticket to remind me to work on this
> (http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/198).
>
> Thanks for your report, and sorry for the late answer.

OK, the bug should be fixed now. You can check that on pgAdmin 1.12beta
when it'll be out.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com