Re: Specification for Trusted PLs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
Date
Re: Specification for Trusted PLs?
List pgsql-hackers
So, here's a working definition:

1) cannot directly read or write files on the server.
2) cannot bind network ports
3) uses only the SPI interface to interact with postgresql tables etc.
4) does any logging only using elog to the postgres log

Questions:

a) it seems like there should be some kind of restriction on access to
memory, but I'm not clear on how that would be defined.

b) where are we with the whole trusted module thing?  Like for CPAN
modules etc.

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com