Re: postgreSQL enquiry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: postgreSQL enquiry
Date
List pgsql-general
On 18/05/2010 4:42 PM, Charo Carino wrote:
> Hi
> I was on your website trying to look up information on PostgreSQL and
> the information that I needed was hard to get or just couldnt find it.
> Can you please clarify whether these requirements are covered by
> postgreSQL product

It sounds to me like you want a web content management / document
management system. While such a product will *use* a database, tht's
only a part of what it does.

You can build something like that with PostgreSQL (though I'd store big
files in the file system and only paths in Pg) but PostgreSQL does not
do all those things by its self.

--
Craig Ringer