Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Graf
Subject Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/17/2010 12:52 AM, Yan Cheng CHEOK wrote:
> The pgadmin result seems different with my machine. My friend and I are using Windows machine. Are you using Linux
machine?

> Thanks and Regards
> Yan Cheng CHEOK
>

> **snip**

I use both windows and Linux using pgadmin, and on occasion use psql

I take my work home so I backup then drop then recreate the databasse on
my computers at home.  So I create the database at least 2 or 3 times a
week.  I see no meaningful difference between machines or client used to
create a DB using either Windows or Linux.   I have never timed it.  Why
would anyone time creating a DB???  But i would say its less than second.

So something weird is going with your friends computer.

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by
ourproprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other
informationproprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
addresses.If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
thatany unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
receivedthis e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this
e-mailimmediately.
Thank you.

Attachment