Re: ERROR: XX001 (Critical and Urgent) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Siddharth Shah
Subject Re: ERROR: XX001 (Critical and Urgent)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Kevin Grittner wrote:
Siddharth Shah <siddharth.shah@elitecore.com> wrote:
xdb=# reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index;

Now INDEXing taking High CPU and postgres baffled.

consider doing your recovery in single-user mode

    postgres --single -P -D $DATADIR -p 5433 xdb   Same behavior in single mode.

How long did you leave it running?  Did you get any messages?  Is
there anything in the log?  What do CPU usage and disk usage look
like during the attempt?
-Kevin

Kevin, It start normally , I have successfully retrieved data from few tables
But I am not able to do dS / dT or dt. As you said this is index file for Postgres tables and indexes
Now when I taken call for reindex   pg_class_relname_nsp_index it takes 99% CPU

  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %MEM %CPU COMMAND
13419 13418 nobody   R    39172   8%  99% postgres --single -P -D /var/db -p 5433 xdb
It's been running from 10 minutes still there is no output or logs.