Re: BUG #5448: psql \set does not terminate if variable is referenced recursively - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #5448: psql \set does not terminate if variable is referenced recursively
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> We could print a message and treat the inner
> expansion as empty --- is that good enough?

If there's any way to throw an error, that seems better.  I can
imagine someone getting confused by silent failure here.  On the
other hand, since this probably doesn't happen very often, maybe
it's not worth the effort.  I could even see an argument for just
testing for Ctrl+C before each expansion and otherwise leaving it as
is.

-Kevin