alter table alter type CASCADE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject alter table alter type CASCADE
Date
Re: alter table alter type CASCADE  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
One of the biggest problems I have maintaining a database with a lot of
views is that when I want to change a datatype, I have to drop every
view uses the column and every view that uses those views etc...
This turns into a maintenance nightmare.

Is there any intention of adding a CASCADE to alter type which would
automatically update any dependencies with the new datatype? Obviously
it should error out if it wouldn't have let you save one of the views
with the new datatype.

Thanks
Sim