Re: BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 29/04/2010 8:26 PM, sdelforge@free.fr wrote:

> Bug reference:      5442
> Logged by:
> Email address:      sdelforge@free.fr
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
> Operating system:   Windows 2003
> Details:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have nearly the same bug than "BUG #5305", but it occurs only with
> /console mode.
>
> Postgres is working as a windows service under the "postgres" user. We log
> on the Windows server by using mstsc and we have sometimes a crash of a
> prostgres process with "Exit code 128" which stop the postgres service.
> After analysing, we saw that the crash occurs only when the "\console"
> session stop (but not every time).
>
> We are able to reproduce this crash:
> 1- Open an mstsc Windows session with "\console" and user Administrator
> 2- Open a standard mstsc Windows session with antoher user
> 3- In this new session, execute a process which is doing some requests on
> the database and at the same time execute a database backup with pgAdmin
> 4- Close the "\console" session

Is there any chance you can follow these instructions:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows

and get a backtrace of the crash?

--
Craig Ringer