Re: Embedded Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Embedded Postgres
Date
Re: Embedded Postgres  (Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen@rcub.bg.ac.rs>)
List pgsql-general
Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
> Is there a way to run Postgres in embedded mode? More precisely, to
> run it without using TCP/IP port, and without installing as a service?
> I am aware of Unix-domain sockets, but is there something similar for
> Windows?

on unix, as you imply, it can be run with unix domain sockets, but not
on Windows as they simply don't have this interface.   and, it can be
started as an application rather than as a system service, but it still
runs as a separate process from your application(s) and in my book,
thats not really embedded.